Our in-house multidisciplinary team of professionals – including leading UK and international environmental, social and health impact assessment and planning practitioners – allows us to provide scientific technical services and commercially driven project management support.
In the UK, Ramboll Environment & Health has a proven track record in delivering robust Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and preparing Environmental Statements to secure development consent with minimal post submission clarification requests, attesting to the thoroughness and quality of our work. We have extensive experience supporting on detailed, outline, hybrid and reserved matters applications, and amendments to applications including Section 96a and Section 73 applications.
On international projects, we combine our experience of global standards, such as the Equator Principles, International Finance Corporation (IFC) Performance Standards, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) Performance Requirements and other International Financial Institution (IFI) requirements such as the OECD Common Approaches, with a thorough understanding of local regulatory requirements. Whether working on behalf of international financial institutions or project developers, we help define and manage reputational risks, and identify and manage environmental and social challenges.
- Route and site constraint mapping and selection studies
- Environmental, social and health impact assessments (EIA, ESIA, ESHIA)
- Bespoke technical assessments, reporting and advice notes to support planning applications
- Environmental, social and health management systems and plans
- Reviews of Equator Principles, IFC Performance Standards and EBRD Performance Requirements on behalf of lenders
- Public consultation and stakeholder engagement
- Discharge of planning conditions
- Monitoring and management of environmental, social and health aspects during construction and operation expert witness and evidence support for planning inquiries, hearings and judicial review
- Air quality and odour impact prediction, assessment, monitoring and control
- Contamination risk assessment, site investigations and remediation design
- Ecological studies, Phase I habitat surveys, specialist surveys, nature conservation assessment and biodiversity management plans
- Health impact assessments
- Noise and vibration assessments and monitoring
- Landscape, townscape and visual amenity assessment
- Waste assessment and management plans
- Water quality studies, flood risk assessment and sustainable water use
- Social impact assessment
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
- Sustainability Appraisals
ENVIRON was a founding member of the Institute of Environmental Assessment (now the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment – IEMA) in 1999. Following on from this, Ramboll is a Registered EIA Practice, conferred by biennial independent review of our EIA work against best practice between 1993 and April 2011 when IEMA launched its EIA Quality Mark scheme. All of our EIA activities are independently reviewed by IEMA and as an EIA Quality Mark registrant we have an on-going commitment to excellence in delivering and promoting best practice.