Covering the entire offshore decommissioning process
Ramboll offers expert offshore decommissioning services covering planning and engineering, risk and safety management and the environment for all offshore facilities. We have been involved in several major offshore decommissioning projects in the North Sea and the Gulf of Mexico. Our projects span from minor early phase desktop studies to detailed assessments, including offshore surveys, legal requirements and removal engineering.
Environmental decommissioning expertise and permitting
Our environmental decommissioning team is comprised of highly specialised environmental engineers, chemists, biologists/marine biologists, geophysicists and technicians. The team has exhaustive knowledge of environmental engineering, environmental legislation and HSE management.
By combining our environmental expertise with insights into legislative and environmental requirements, we devise environmental programmes comprising all necessary steps towards obtaining approvals and permits for offshore decommissioning.
Dismantling, lifting and platform removal
Ramboll engineers offers decommissioning solutions based on four decades’ of offshore experience. We handle dismantling, lifting and removal of platforms. Our US based specialists also have considerable experience with post-hurricane salvage operations, involving the safe removal of leaning and damaged platforms in the Gulf of Mexico.
Our offshore decommissioning services cover:
- Removal, disposal, remediation and environmental studies
- Modelling and sampling; waste mapping and handling
- Permitting and regulatory compliance
- As-left assessment, impact assessment programme and decommissioning plan
- HAZID and safety screening; removal of equipment with NORM
- Site inspection and weight estimation
- Stress analysis, lifting eye check and lifting & rigging procedures
- Transportation and sea fastening