Our client, DTEB Design Consultancy, is designing a new hangar, apron and 800m-long taxiway to the main runway at BIA. The latter will take Boeing A737s to a bespoke apron and service facility big enough to hold two of these aircraft at once.
Ramboll has been appointed to provide specialist engineering design support to complement DTEB’s architectural services for the preliminary and detailed design of the new hangar’s external infrastructure.
The design of the taxiway, apron and hangar slab is to AASHTO and FAA standards and BIA specific requirements.
We have undertaken the pavement design of the new road and development of the tie-in construction details using ADM standards.
Our work also involves:
- 3D modelling to create vertical and horizontal taxiway and apron alignment design
- Pavement markings layout design
- Taxiway flexible pavement design
- Apron rigid RC slab design
- Hangar base structural design
- Pavement design using AASHTO and ADM standards
- Client / authority design coordination