The project comprised supply and installation of plant and Design - Build for the improvement of Beira, Quelimane and Tete Airports.
Works in Beira comprised overlay design on runway, sealing of taxiways and rehabilitation of apron including airfield marking and drainage upgrade.
In Quelimane the works included overlay design on runway and taxiway and also rehabilitation of apron.
Tete Airport improvements focused on tower refurbishment. In all three airports, the project also included upgrading of water supply and ATC equipment.
Ramboll's role was Design Consultant for the main contractor on the Design - Build Contract which was according to FIDIC Yellow book. Services included:
- Determination of the nature and the location of required soils and materials testing
- Detailed Pavement Overlay Design and pavement marking
- Detailed Design of Water tanks, fencing and perimeter roads
- Quality assurance of electrical and aviation design works
- Project follow-up and expert supervision in relation to test trials and other services