Design Engineer - Highways
We invite you to bring your good communication skills into play as you responsible for carrying out the design check the drawings produced by CAD technicians. To succeed in this role you must have BE/B. Tech degree in Civil Engineering. Are you our new Design Engineer - Highways? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Transport Domestic department
As our new Design Engineer you will be part of Transport Domestic Business. Office is based at Gurgaon. Transport BU is working on prestigious projects like Mumbai Trans Harbour Link and Major Crossing. You will get the chance to work on iconic projects associated with Ramboll.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Carrying out the design check the drawings produced by CAD technicians in the team and maintaining quality of deliverables
- Co-ordinate with Project Manager and Technical Manager/Principal Engineer and be primarily involved in delivering the scheduled tasks in the form of design calculations and drawings.
- Is involved in the delivery, engineering/technical/functional design and/or coordination of client solutions and projects.
- Provides specific contributions to consulting sales and business development initiatives
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- BE/B. Tech degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute. ME/ M. Tech would be desirable,
- should have more than 3+ years of experience in Highways design. Knowledge of design codes like IRC Code/DMRB/AASHTO/any other international standards would be desirable,
- knowledge of understanding of the analysis and design principles of Highways design,
- have hands on experience in using any of the road design software (In Roads/ MX Road etc.),
- should have knowledge of tools like AutoCAD/Micro station and preparing drawings in accordance with internationally recognized standard formats,
- In addition to technical / functional acumen, he should have good communication skills and should be able to present their work.
- Should be a good team member and should coordinate with other team members and the project manager for timely delivery of project
- Professional English language skills (written and verbal).
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: analytical and numerical skills, good communication skills and creative mind
Welcome to our Transport division
Ramboll is a global transportation consultancy and we work on some of the biggest and most innovative infrastructure projects in the world. We are close to 3,000 bright minds working within Transport worldwide, creating practical, sustainable and economic solutions for national transport authorities, private contractors and municipalities alike.
Ramboll in India
Ramboll has more than 1,000 experts working across five offices in India applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions in markets as diverse as Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health and Energy. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Deadline: 2nd April 2019.