Senior Engineer – Piping & Mechanical
Are you an experienced Piping engineer who has experience from offshore industry? Are open for a short-term contract position for 6 months, extendable based on projects and performance.
Work as Senior Engineer in Piping and Mechanical discipline for Upstream, Mid and Downstream oil & Gas projects
In this role you will primarily involve in Preparation of Design Basis Report & Technical Specifications and Checking/approval of Piping Material Classes, Specifications and Datasheets.
Your other tasks will also include:
- Handle one or more Projects independently as a focal from ROGIN as part of Global Engineering.
- Handle team of Draughtsman/Designers/Engineers/ Sr. Engineers.
- Preparation of Deliverable list & Schedule, Man-hour estimate, Resource requirement and Progress report.
- Responsible for quality, schedule and budget of his project.
- Participating in meetings with client.
- Coordination with other disciplines.
- Preparation/Checking/approval of Material Requisitions, vendor documents/drawings reviews, Technical Bid evaluations, etc.
- Checking / approval of piping/equipment layouts, isometrics, MTO etc.
- Participate / Guide the team during Routing studies, model reviews, etc.
- Supports selection and checking of support drawings.
- Technical Issue Resolution.
- Ensure his team is organized and follows ROG / client specific guidelines and strategies as applicable.
- Efficient utilization of Manpower including relocation to other projects.
- Ensures efficient utilization of software in his team.
- Help HOD in other department functions and development activities not mentioned here.
- When required act as Project Manager for discipline specific projects.
- Responsible for bid/proposal input.
- Implementing Lean in Projects.
- Estimating and preparation of Piping Deliverables / Work package documentation.
A Good team player who communicates well, transparent and takes initiative.
You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and you are person who takes ownership and responsibility for his / her deliverables. You like to work independently with least support from others.
Apart from the above qualities, to succeed in this position, you need the following competences:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical or equivalent degree from recognized university
- 10+ years of experience in total out of which 9+ years in Oil & Gas experience - upstream/downstream oil & gas, refinery etc. and include both Greenfield and Brownfield.
- Is theoretically sound and also has a good practical understanding.
- Well familiar with International codes and standards
- Sound knowledge of piping materials, pipe classes, specifications, calculations and datasheets for piping components.
- Expert level in piping routing, layout and support concepts.
- Hands on knowledge of 3D Model review software like Navis.
- Knowledge of 3D Model software like PDS, S3D and PDMS will be an added advantage.
- Good English Skills, both written and oral..
Your new colleagues
You will be part of Ramboll Chennai, Piping and Mechanical department consists of 20+ highly skilled colleagues, typically supporting Ramboll’s projects in other countries. (Denmark & Middle East).