Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole. We acknowledge that our solutions depend on the creativity, insight and integrity of our employees. Therefore, we empower the people within our organization, welcome their individual differences and enable them to work in multi-talented teams to produce inspired solutions. Ramboll is seeking an energetic, experienced Environmental Consultant to join its office in Overland Park, KS.
The job duties of this position may include one or more of the following:
- Compiling and evaluating sampling data to characterize chemicals in environmental media.
- Oversight of field projects managing subcontractors.
- Providing technical assistance in development of project deliverables and on-site implementation of investigation and remediation, and due diligence transaction projects.
- Assisting in the preparation and editing of technical reports.
- Interactions with clients, regulatory agencies, and the public.
- Collection and management of environmental and/or residential/institutional samples.
Our ideal consultant should possess the following skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and Project
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good time management
- Detail oriented
- Active listener
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability and willingness to work as a responsible, independent team player in a consulting environment, including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Classwork or experience with fate and transport, hydraulic, and/or hydrogeological modeling and GIS mapping a plus
- Candidates must have a B.S. or M.S. degree in a relevant discipline (Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science) from an accredited institution and have 0-3 years of experience in a related field.
- OSHA 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) certified with current 8-hour annual refresher training
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 50% average over the year and possess a valid driver’s license. Travel may include overnight stay and may be out of state. Travel duration may range from 1-10 days, depending upon the specific requirements of each project. Work hours may vary and will include frequent early morning starts ranging from 5 am to 7 am.
- The physical requirements of this position may include the need for climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing/sitting/walking, pushing/pulling, and lifting up to 40 lbs. In certain situations this position may expose the candidate to extremes in weather (hot/cold); high noise levels, to hazards such as a proximity to moving machine parts and moving vehicles, electrical current and exposure to chemicals. Employees may be required to take specific training and to wear PPE on some occasions.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities
Workplace Overland Park, KS