Technical Energy Management Consultant
An opening has arisen for a Consultant based in Ramboll’s London office, working primarily within the area of energy and carbon efficiency consultancy services, but with a willingness to broaden their skills to cover the wider operational sustainability agenda. This is a growth area for Ramboll and as such the candidates are expected to be enthusiastic advocates for the service line and keen to assist clients’ in developing meaningful carbon, water and waste reduction programs, whilst meeting their legal compliance requirements. Training and mentoring will be provided at an appropriate level with a view to supporting the right applicants to develop their career with Ramboll.
Key work areas shall include
Energy, Water and Carbon Management
- Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) – identification of suitable measures through energy audits and the implementation of work programs.
- Carbon Reduction Commitment and Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting– delivery of compliance support for a range of clients.
- Utility Management – manipulation and analysis of utility data.
Waste and Transport Management
- Conducting waste audits at manufacturing, chemical, pharmaceutical and other industrial sites.
- Assessment of client transport emissions and manipulation of data within specialist software packages
Corporate Sustainability Reporting & Strategy
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory services – assisting in the establishment, development and assurance/verification of client GHG inventories for corporate and project reporting.
- Sustainability Corporate Reporting services – collating data and project information to support client sustainability corporate reporting exercises.
- Sustainability Strategy – support in the development of bespoke sustainability strategy exercises for client organisations including the creation of policies, procedures and implementation plans.
Sustainability in the Built Environment
- BREEAM In-Use – help support Ramboll’s sustainability assessors in the application of assessments on existing developments.
- Sustainability Planning Application support – Assist with the creation of bespoke sustainability statements for new developments, which may include energy strategies.
- Energy Performance Certification – help support Ramboll’s EPC assessors with Simplified Building Energy Modelling and Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard regulatory compliance
The successful candidate shall also support Ramboll’s consulting teams in a variety of areas on an as required basis. The successful candidate will be self confident, willing to work flexible hours when required and be able to build working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Required Skills and Qualifications
IT packages including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- A minimum of one year’s work experience with proven skills in performing energy audits for the built environment. Experience in process energy in the industry sector would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Preferred qualified Energy Performance Certificate or Display Energy Certificate Assessor. Dynamic Simulation Modelling experience would be beneficial, but not essential.
- An understanding of current and proposed national and international legislation and industry best practice with regards to energy, water and carbon management, waste management and transport initiatives.
- Ability to research subjects, understand product/services and how it could be applied to a project.
- Capable of effectively communicating to clients and other members of the business to articulate the energy, water and carbon services, waste and transport management in a confident and professional manner.
- Ability to accurately input data into software programs, analyse data and draw informative conclusions.
- Numerically competent.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Competent and efficient report writing skills.
- Appropriate degree in environmental, building services/engineering or other related discipline.
- Master’s Degree in an environmental discipline related to the built environment (desirable but not essential).
- Membership of a related professional institution e.g. CIBSE, EI, etc.
- Accredited Energy Assessor for EPC or DEC registration and/or experience of using energy modelling software e.g. SAP, SBEM.
- Foreign language skills would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Full clean driving licence.
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 14,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.