We invite you to bring your field work and engineering skills into play as you help us collect, interpret and manage site data and provide valuable input into the development of site-specific, risk-based remediation goals. To succeed in this role you must have B.S. or M.S. engineering degree in a relevant discipline (Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Geological Engineering, etc.). Are you our new Engineering Consultant? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Ramboll environment & Health department
As our new Environmental Consultant, you will be part of our interdisciplinary Brookfield, WI team. You will work with all levels of expertise from entry level team members to members with decades of experience, many of whom are subject matter experts in their fields. Consultants and Managers are part of a continual learning environment where they learn through coaching, mentoring and on-the-job tasks.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Collecting, compiling and evaluating soil, groundwater, surface water and soil gas sampling data to characterize chemicals in environmental media.
- Providing in-field technical assistance on site investigation and remediation projects.
- Applying engineering calculations, design and evaluation skills to solve environmental problems.
- Understanding of federal, state and local environmental regulatory requirements for soil, groundwater, soil gas, waste, air quality, and water quality programs as they relate to engineering investigation and remediation and preparing associated plans, permits, and reports.
- Interactions with clients, agency, and the public.
- Oversight of field projects and managing subcontractors.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Classwork or experience with engineering design, chemical fate and transport, hydraulic modeling, and/or GIS mapping a plus
- Understanding and application of WAC NR700 series rules, regulations and guidance
- The physical requirements of this position may include the need for climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing/sitting/walking, pushing/pulling, and lifting up to 40 lbs. In certain situations, this position may expose the candidate to extremes in weather (hot/cold); high noise levels, to hazards such as a proximity to moving machine parts and moving vehicles, electrical current and exposure to chemicals. Employees may be required to take specific training and to wear PPE on some occasions.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good time management and detail oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability and willingness to work as responsible, independent team player in a consulting environment, including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Deadline: 28th February 2019.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Workplace Brookfield, WI