Head of BIM - All locations
Ramboll is committed to its digitalisation strategy, and we are looking to take the next steps forward, with the addition of a new Head of BIM to a growing team.
To clarify, BIM is taken to include modeling using Revit, Civils 3D, and other similar software, related analysis software such as MagiCAD, GIS systems, and the use of point clouds and other reality capture techniques.
The Head of BIM is responsible for developing, implementing and championing Ramboll UK BIM procedures, standards, tools and guidance, in conjunction with the Ramboll Group BIM organisation, and the Discipline BIM leads in each of the UK Market areas. The Head of BIM is also responsible for understanding and communicating the necessary IT system requirements to Ramboll’s IT organisation.
The Head of BIM will line manage a growing central BIM team. They will report to the UK Innovation and Operational Excellence Director.
Key areas of responsibility
- Set market strategy and define BIM service offering in collaboration with each discipline, considering current and future interaction with Ramboll’s Global Engineering Centre
Business Planning and Budgeting
- Liaise with Disciplines to develop and agree a BIM business plan and budget
- Monitor progress against this plan and budget and report monthly to the UK Technical Excellence Leads and Division Directors
- Support key bidding activity
- Lead the production of marketing and bid information to sell BIM Services
- Undertake business development activities to promote Ramboll UK BIM capabilities in the UK Market
BIM Implementation Support
- On key high risk projects act as BIM strategic lead, guiding and monitoring BIM implementation
- Provide support on the implementation and use of BIM tools and associated IT issues
- Advise on best practice in the use of BIM tools across disciplines
- Monitor and report on current industry software and IT infrastructure developments
- Monitor the implementation of BIM/CAD tools, systems, procedures and guidance
- Undertake targeted BIM audits on key projects
- As part of the overall project audit process manage the implementation of a BIM audit programme
Feedback & Continuous Improvement
- Manage feedback on opportunities for improvements to BIM systems, procedures and guidance
- Where, opportunities for improvements are highlighted, propose and implement appropriate improvements to BIM systems, procedures and guidance
- Ensuring lessons are learnt from project successes as well as project failures and are disseminated throughout Ramboll
Required skills and qualifications
- High level model authoring and information & interface management skills
- Experience of delivering BIM Coordination services on complex medium and large scale design projects.
- Experience in developing BIM Level 2 capabilities in organisations, including development of policies and procedures, and organising training to upskill staff on general awareness and capability in delivery.
- A full understanding of current industry practices e.g BS1192 approach, terminologies and methodologies, and insight into, and passion for the direction the industry is moving, e.g ISO19650, reality capture, SMART technologies and digital twins.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A Degree level qualification in an Engineering discipline would be an advantage.
- Experience of the use of BIM in a Facilities Management scenario would be an advantage
- Line Management experience would be an advantage.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.