Senior / Principal Contaminated Land Consultant
An exciting opening has arisen for an experienced contaminated land consultant based in Ramboll’s Southampton office. The position is within the ‘Site Solutions’ team – providing contaminated land and environmental consulting to a range of local, national and international clients. We are seeking an enthusiastic and suitably qualified candidate, who is currently operating at a highly technical and professional level, with a proven track record in the delivery of quality consultancy services.
The role will involve managing land contamination projects, including remediation, and contributing to the established team in its day to day activities in these areas as well as supporting a wider range of environmental work within the Environment and Health department in which Site Solutions sits. The chosen candidate must be willing to take on new challenges, learn new skills across other environmental disciplines and be confident at proactively managing his or her projects, including more junior staff working on those projects. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team, to further develop a variety of skills, and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector. Training, support and mentoring will be provided.
Key work areas may include:
Phase I and Phase II Environmental Assessments including:
- Undertaking desk-based research and reporting
- Carrying out of site inspections of a range of commercial, residential and industrial facilities
- Taking a lead role in geo-environmental site investigation design, contractual management and supervision
- Site works including supervision of ground investigation contractors and completion of environmental sampling and monitoring
- Management of samples and co-ordination with analytical laboratories
- Data input, management and interpretation
- Interpretative report writing, preparation of figures and other graphical data
- Contribution to other associated reports including materials management plans, foundations works risk assessments and monitoring plans
- Derivation of remedial targets (training can be provided)
- Preparation of remediation options appraisals, strategies, verification reports and other associated documents
- Leading of remediation projects and support of more complex remediation projects
- Provision of technical support to contractors and clients during site works
Other work types that the candidate may be involved with include Environmental Impact Assessments, water quality and hydrogeological work.
Required skills and qualifications
- Appropriate degree in geology, geo-environmental, environmental, or other related discipline.
- Masters Degree in an environmental discipline (desirable but not essential).
- Chartership with a geological or environmental professional body (desirable but not essential, depending on experience).
- Relevant experience in environmental consultancy (or contractor)
- Full clean driving licence.
- Excellent project management skills, preferably including cross-discipline work (e.g. with geotechnical specialists or ecologists)
- Experience of direct client interaction and co-ordination
- Understanding of interaction of contaminated land discipline with other engineering and environmental disciplines
- Understanding of and experience of working under the contaminated land regime within the UK Experience with IT packages including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Experience in GIS preferable (but not essential)
- Day to day management of multiple project workloads
- Numerically competent
The successful candidate will be composed and positive, willing to work flexible hours when required and be able to build positive working relationships with colleagues and clients both within Ramboll and externally.
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 14,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter which includes why you think you would be a good fit for the role.
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.