Contaminated Land Consultant
An opening has arisen for a Contaminated Land Consultant based in Ramboll’s London office, which presents an excellent opportunity for a candidate with some experience in the contaminated land sector. You will be part of a well-established team that is involved in a wide range of different projects in multiple client sectors.
The role will involve working alongside experienced consultants and Project Managers in the London team on desk studies, Phase 1 and 2 contaminated land assessments and remediation projects. Much of the work is development related and spans the planning, design and construction phases of projects so a detailed knowledge of project life-cycle and the ability to manage the design and construction stages of project will be required.
This role would suit an individual with experience of field work, who is looking to join a growing consultancy with an enviable track record and a reputation for high quality work in a variety of locations. The successful candidate will be required to take on responsibilities and manage their own workload and finances from day one and have a detailed understanding of GQRA and DQRA and remedial techniques. He/she will be able to represent the practice at project and technical sector level and demonstrate the ability to take responsibility for projects.
- Phase 1 and Phase 2 Geo-environmental assessments - including Due Diligence Reports and undertaking and supervising site investigations.
- Excellent knowledge of UK contaminated land legislation, statutory guidance and its application in site assessment and remediation.
- Interpretative report writing.
- Development of qualitative and quantitative Human Health and Controlled Waters Risk Assessments (GQRA and DQRA) and development of remediation strategies.
- Production of Waste Management Strategies.
- Production of Materials Management Plans.
- Knowledge of the National Planning Policy Framework.
- Knowledge of Environmental Impact Assessments and the ability to input relevant chapters into Environmental Statements as required.
- Ability to work on multidisciplinary projects including close liaison with other environmental disciplines, structural and civil engineers.
- Overall Project Management.
- Agree fees/scope of services/programme.
- Manage project resources/programme and finances.
- Implement project QA policy and Project Management procedures.
- Relevant BSc degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Contaminated Land, Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science.
- Masters Degree in a geo - environmental discipline would be an advantage.
- Normally 2+ years experience and normally working towards chartered or member of suitable professional institution (eg CIWEM, IEMA, GeolSoc).
- Must have a good understanding of contaminated land assessment including undertaking GQRA, as well as a strong understanding of field sampling and data review.
- An appreciation of the undertaking of DQRA and application of the various available models would also be advantageous.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in UK/European Economic Area.
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 14,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter which includes why you think you would be a good fit for the role.
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.