International Social Performance Team Leader - London or Edinburgh
Due to an increasing workload on a wide range of international projects, the Impact Assessment Service Line - Europe and Africa is seeking a senior level Social Performance Specialist to support in the following topic areas: land acquisition and involuntary resettlement, social (including community health/safety) impact assessment, labour and working conditions, stakeholder engagement, social due diligence and social performance monitoring/supervision.
Ramboll recognises the importance of managing social performance at corporate and project levels. To meet an increasing demand, Ramboll has recruited a range of social performance specialists, based particularly in Europe, USA and Asia/Pacific, but operating globally.
To date, these social performance specialists have supported two core business streams: a) preparing Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Reports and accompanying management plans; and b) undertaking due diligence and supervision monitoring work for lender-financed projects.
- Contribute to the development of Ramboll-wide strategy for social performance that responds to global industry dynamics, drivers, opportunities;
- Contribute to the development of wider Impact Assessment Service Line – Europe and Africa strategy, policy and business planning;
- Win new business and build relationships with clients by expanding international networks;
- Fulfill the role of Project Director and QA/QC reviewer;
- Work with other Service Line Leaders and play a global leadership role for Ramboll social performance staff. While individual staff members report to local operational heads, the post-holder will play a leading role in the recruitment of social performance specialists, resource identification and allocation and participate in the evaluation review of team members;
- Provide leadership on embedding both core and new competencies for social performance staff; and line manage, develop and mentor junior staff.
Required skills and qualifications
- Designing and delivering effective training/capacity development
- Extensive international consultancy experience in non-OECD countries, in a variety of cultural settings and at site level in:
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment/Social Impact Assessment and stakeholder engagement, plus one or more of: resettlement planning, human rights, supply chain management, labour and working conditions, community health and safety, community/social investment programmes and indigenous peoples
- Acting for Lenders in terms of Project-related social due diligence and monitoring of social performance
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the expectations of external agents/audiences, such as NGOs, and the standards and requirements of international finance institutions (including the Equator Principles, International Finance Corporation Performance Standards, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development Performance Requirements), affected communities (including indigenous peoples)
- Leading/building a discipline-focused team
- Collaborative working and commitment to a team-based ethic
- Client focus
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Ability to speak, write and read English fluently. A similar ability in French is highly desirable with ability to work in Spanish also being of interest
- Report writing skills
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 14,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter which includes why you think you would be a good fit for the role.
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.