Railway Signalling Designer, Rail team
Ramboll are looking for Railway Signalling Designers to join their team in Warminster. This is an outstanding opportunity to progress your career that will offer you challenging and varied work on large projects throughout the company, along with a highly competitive remuneration package.
Reporting to the Design Manager you will utilise your previous experience, skills and knowledge to participate on a variety of signalling projects spread across the whole asset lifecycle from conceptual and detailed design through to commissioning.
Ramboll’s ownership structure (we are wholly owned by the charitable Ramboll Foundation) gives us the stability to take the long view, freed from the imperatives of shareholders and the stock market. This long term view is central to how we operate and how we go about creating lasting relationships with our clients. As a result, Ramboll is associated with some of the world's most respected, fully integrated infrastructure and transportation projects: From iconic projects such as Ferrari World, Tate Modern and the Queensferry Crossing, to ongoing projects like HS2 and Four Lines Modernisation. We design various signalling schemes for Network Rail and Transport for London, and other rail authorities within the UK and overseas. From feasibility studies, assessments and research, through design development, to construction and commissioning, Ramboll provides unparalleled experience in this sector.
- Production of design details for new or altered signalling systems
- Prepare feasibility studies/reports
- Undertake signalling surveys and inspections
- Contribute to the development of innovative solutions and more efficient ways of working
- Promote the Ramboll brand and undertake business development
- Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety, quality, and the development of others
- Ensure all targets are met in a safe and timely manner
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the design of railway signalling systems
- Good computer skills, CAD software and MS Office applications
- Sound knowledge of TFL and/or Network Rail Standards
- Ability to organise and conduct several activities simultaneously
- Understanding of relevant occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Ability to clearly communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature
- Sound knowledge of signalling design for mainline and metro railways
- Capable of working independently and leading design activities
- Experience of technical review and critique
- Good degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or BTEC ONC/HNC
- IRSE Signalling Designer licence
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.