Senior Electrical Engineer
Ramboll has ambitious growth plans in the UK and its new Leeds office is central to these growth plans. Ramboll aspires to grow their UK Building Services team by 30% over the next few years. Part of the strategy is to strengthen the offices multidisciplinary offering by growing the established MEP Team, who enjoy repeat business from many clients.
Consequently, Ramboll is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Electrical Engineer to join our successful Building Services team in Leeds. This is an exciting position with great opportunity to support and expand the capability of our team.
The Ramboll building services team in Leeds shares a modern city centre office with multidisciplinary engineers and consultants, totalling 60 staff. The team has delivered successful projects in the higher/further education, healthcare and commercial sectors. We are currently involved with a number of high profile local and international projects for clients including the university of Leeds, University of Sheffield, Leeds Teaching Hospitals, Harrogate Borough Jersey Airport and Hillerod Hospital in Denmark.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver technically excellent building services design information
- Plan, undertake, coordinate, and manage electrical design work on projects to programme
- Represent Ramboll at external client meetings
- Undertake the project manager role for single discipline projects
- Prepare design, specification and contract documentation
- Undertake project research including surveys and inspections
- Apply judgement in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of standard techniques
- Monitor actual project costs against target costs and administer change control procedures in accordance with agreed scope of service
- Perform complex analysis using computer modelling
- Work in a digital engineering environment, designing in 3D in accordance with BIM execution plans
- Assist with the preparation of fee proposals, bids and contract documentation
- Understanding of financial arrangements for projects including resource planning, cost control and project delivery programming
- Provide electrical design expertise and work collaboratively with our teams in other offices to deliver projects
- Mentor and help develop electrical apprentices and undergraduates within the team
- Relevant degree in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Chartered Engineer or will have gained sufficient experience to obtain full membership of an appropriate professional institution in the future
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Solid technical knowledge of Electrical Engineering and general understanding of other building services disciplines and multi-disciplinary design
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to delivery profitable projects via proactive project delivery and client communication
- Strong technical and functional skills
- Have been engaged in the local market and have a demonstrable ability to help influence work winning
- Previous experience of BIM and ability to oversee the production of design information with Revit is essential.
- Have a thirst for engineering excellence and a desire to develop themselves and others to be at the cutting edge of industry knowledge
- Have a track record of delivering projects
- An excellent communicator and team player, who enjoys having fun
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident, professional and able to negotiate positive outcomes with clients and staff when required.
- Possess skills and aptitude to provide guidance, share knowledge, motivate and manage junior colleagues
- Demonstrate pride in their work, through high quality and accurate timely delivery
- Be able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure timescales are met
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also seek assistance when required
- Willingness to develop personal skills and basic knowledge in other engineering disciplines
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic and growing team in and exciting forward-thinking organisation which is growing within the UK
- A vibrant, inspiring and fun culture, based on innovation, flexibility and wellbeing
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer
You must have eligibility to work in the UK