Ramboll is accepting applications for the 2019 internship program at our office in downtown Chicago.
This program will occur during Summer 2019. Each participant will be assigned a mentor who will guide them through project assignments. The program will provide internship participants with the opportunity to gain experience working in one or more practice areas such as site investigation & remediation, air quality management, due diligence, ecology & sediment management, and/or industrial hygiene. Our goal is to afford our interns experience with a variety of projects during the summer program in order to broaden their understanding of how we provide solutions for complicated environmental and health & safety issues. The work will mainly be in the office, but field sampling and support are possible if required training is completed.
In addition to hands-on environmental consulting experience, Chicago office interns will also participate in a series of web-based, interactive workshops along with the other Summer 2019 Ramboll interns across the U.S.
Resumes will be collected and reviewed by an internship panel. After the review process, qualified candidates will be contacted for short interviews and asked to provide a writing sample and references. Interns will be paid on an hourly basis and will be overtime eligible. Housing and relocation expenses are the responsibility of the intern.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organization and time management
- Ability to work independently or within a team setting
- Should be working toward a BS or MS degree in Chemical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering; Environmental Sciences; Geology or Geological Sciences; or Industrial Hygiene at an accredited college or university.
- Must be a junior or senior in the fields listed above. Candidates with anticipated graduation dates of December 2019 or May 2020 are strongly preferred.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% on average over the summer and possess a valid driver’s license. Travel may include overnight stay and may be out of state. Travel duration may range from 1-10 days, depending upon the specific requirements of each project.
- The physical requirements of this position may include the need for climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing/sitting/walking, pushing/pulling, and lifting up to 40 lbs. In certain situations this position may expose the candidate to extremes in weather (hot/cold); high noise levels, to hazards such as a proximity to moving machine parts and moving vehicles, electrical current and exposure to chemicals. Employees may be required to take specific training and to wear PPE on some occasions.
Workplace Chicago, IL