Ramboll’s Environment and Health division is seeking experienced senior ecologists to join our team working on a variety of infrastructure and commercial projects. Project work will be varied, covering a broad range of ecology services. The roles will involve the provision of ecological surveys and reporting, ecological mitigation design and any other related tasks. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding team delivering on key projects and to further develop a variety of skills and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector.
Key Work Areas
- Managing, coordinating and undertaking ecological surveys for a range of species (while supporting and mentoring more junior staff members).
- Producing high quality reports.
- Undertaking ecological mitigation design and delivery services ideally for protected species.
- Liaising with ecological regulators and planning authorities.
- Liaising with clients, partner organisations and sub-consultants concerning all areas relevant to our projects.
- Delivering complex projects on time and to budget.
- Input into costed service proposals for ecology work.
- Carrying out such additional duties as may reasonably be required.
The successful candidates shall be self-motivated, confident and affable with the desire to develop as an individual and build successful working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Proficient user of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook (and ideally ArcGIS).
- Experience of field work and survey techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Capable of producing clear and concise written documents.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise own and others workload.
- Capable of working independently and effectively with in team.
- Ability to use initiative and think innovatively.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Self-motivated, reliable and dedicated individual.
- Interest in the sustainability agenda and environmental developments in the industry.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management.
- Protected species licence(s) would be advantageous.
- Appropriate BSc or equivalent qualification.
- MSc in a relevant environmental discipline (desirable but not essential).
- Full clean UK driving licence.
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.