Environmental Consultant, Due Diligence
Ramboll is seeking motivated and inquisitive candidates for the position of an Environmental Consultant in our Dallas office, to support Environmental Due Diligence projects throughout the United States, particularly in Texas and surrounding states. We are looking for a motivated and energetic professional, who is looking for a challenging position with career growth opportunities in the world of environmental consulting. The key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Plan and perform environmental due diligence assessments of industrial and commercial facilities, including Phase I and/or Phase II environmental site assessments (ESAs) and limited regulatory compliance reviews;
- Provide technical analysis of complicated site contamination and regulatory compliance issues;
- Assist with evaluating the business risk associated with known and potential environmental liabilities and;
- Preparation of technical reports that effectively communicate site findings.
- BS in geology, environmental science, chemistry, engineering, or other related science-based fields of study; MS is a plus;
- 1 to 3 years of experience in due diligence with direct experience assessing industrial facilities of moderate to high complexity;
- A strong understanding of the Phase I ESA requirements and the due diligence process;
- A general understanding of rules and regulations of the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Spill Prevention, Control, and Counter Measure (SPCC), National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), and Emergency Plan and Community Right-to-Know (EPCRA);
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple project deadlines, prioritize projects, and deliver on tight timelines;
- Possess knowledge and skills in a wide variety of multi-media compliance;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical and research skills;
- The physical requirements of this position may include the need for climbing, balancing, standing, sitting, hearing, repetitive motions, walking, and exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally or up to10 lbs of force frequently. Employees may be required to take specific training and to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) on some occasions.
- Ability to travel up to 30% per month. Travel is typically of short duration (1-2 days) and may be local or throughout the US, depending on project needs.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Workplace Irving (Dallas), TX