Senior Engineer, Ground Engineering team
We invite you to bring your experience in geotechnical design into play as you take responsibility for the delivery of geotechnical services to other disciplines within the organisation. To succeed in this role you must have Past experience of numerical modelling, Infrastructure earthwork engineering, and/or tunnel design is advantageous, as well as a relevant engineering degree . Are you our new Senior Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Transport department
As our new [Senior Engineer] you will be part of our busy and dynamic team in Chester. Reporting to an Associate or Technical Director you will utilize your previous experience, skills and knowledge to participate on a variety of Ground Engineering and Infrastructure projects. Ramboll operates a flexible working policy, and with this you will be part of an exciting team of experts, who respects each other and works towards a common goal.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Working on small to medium sized projects, and forming part of a team delivering larger, more complex projects under the leadership of the discipline manager
- Within the company you will be working alongside the rest of the Ground Engineering team, and also teams of all disciplines nationally and internationally across the Ramboll Group
- Promote the Ramboll brand and undertake business development
- Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety, quality, and the development of others
- Assist in providing guidance to less experienced staff to help deliver projects and will be able to deal with internal and external clients
- Take a Project Manager role for single discipline projects and represent Ramboll at external client meetings
- Plan, undertake, coordinate, and supervise technical work on bids and projects
- Assist with project bidding and input to the procurement of new work for the Ground Engineering teams and in collaboration with other teams
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Proven experience in geotechnical design
- Past experience of numerical modelling, Infrastructure earthwork engineering, and/or tunnel design is advantageous
- BEng/MEng (Hons) Degree in Civil Engineering
- Capable of working independently and leading design activities
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer, or will have gained sufficient experience to obtain full membership, of an appropriate professional institution
- Capability in leading design teams and business promotion not essential, but preferred
- Evidence of leadership of technical design teams on complex infrastructure projects
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
Will have a proven record as a competent Engineer on a number of projects, with an ability to communicate clearly with managers and stakeholders, and to be recognized as able to influence people (staff and clients). Understanding of the company business plan.
Welcome to our Transport division
Ramboll is a global transportation consultancy and we work on some of the biggest and most innovative infrastructure projects in the world. We are close to 3,000 bright minds working within Transport worldwide, creating practical, sustainable and economic solutions for national transport authorities, private contractors and municipalities alike.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,300 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.