Product Safety & Stewardship Consultants
Ramboll Environment and Health (REH), one of the major business divisions of Ramboll Group, is a global health sciences and environmental consultancy that provides state-of-the-art scientific, technical, and strategic regulatory compliance and risk management assistance to a diverse, multinational client base. REH is currently seeking applicants for a Product Safety and Stewardship position in Cincinnati, OH. The general qualifications and responsibilities of this Managing Consultant position are described below.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assess hazards and risks associated with industrial, specialty, and agricultural chemicals.
- Provide technical assistance on health risk and regulation of products, environmental health and safety (EHS) compliance, and sustainability projects.
- Prepare defensible scientific and technical analyses and assessments under the direction, cooperation, assistance, and critical review by legal counsel.
- Prepare succinct summaries of complex scientific issues to inform stakeholders.
- Visit client sites and facilities to conduct regulatory assessments and audits, to assess product portfolios, and to evaluate related management systems.
- Perform multiple projects within scope, budget, and schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support senior staff to effectively manage projects.
- Supervise a diverse, highly educated and skilled group of individuals and evaluate their technical work product and deliverables.
- MS or PhD in chemistry, toxicology, microbiology, or other relevant disciplines.
- 5 - 10 years of relevant product-related experience in industry, consulting, or both.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to produce high quality analyses and reports under extreme time and information limitations.
- Excellent delivery, collaboration, and problem resolution skills.
- Strong technical experience and excellent client relations skills.
- Meet a majority of the core competencies for a Product Steward as described by the Product Stewardship Society.
- Experience with a number of regulations including TSCA, FIFRA, HazCom 2012, FHSA, Prop 65, CCCR, CEPA, GHS, and other chemical regulations.
- Experience dealing with various government agencies including CPSC, DOT, EPA, FDA and FTC in the US and Health Canada and Environment Canada.
- Management of large and small projects involving a wide array of client expertise.
- Build strong, long-term relationships and resolve complex problems with various stakeholders including legal counsel, marketers, technical staff, and regulators.
- Demonstrated record in business development in product safety and stewardship, EHS, or related areas.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Workplace Cincinnati, OH