Health, Safety, and Industrial Hygiene Managing Consultant - Boston or Westford
Ramboll Environment and Health is a specialized provider of environmental, health and safety (EHS) services. Our network of environmental and health experts includes 3,000 specialists across 130 offices in 28 countries around the world. Ramboll partners with clients to assess and manage the potential EHS issues associated with their activities and products. Decision makers rely on us as they strive to reduce or eliminate health and environmental impacts throughout their business life cycles. Whether responding to existing challenges, implementing measures to prevent future liabilities or seeking sustainability strategies, clients around the world benefit from our blend of technical and scientific skills and knowledge of local requirements and practices.
Ramboll Environment & Health is part of the Ramboll Group, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company headquartered in Copenhagen. At Ramboll, our 13,000 consulting engineers, scientists, designers and management consultants are committed to creating sustainable and long-term solutions for our customers and society.
As a Managing Consultant you will serve as a technical resource and client-facing practice leader in the areas of health, safety, industrial hygiene and process safety management. You will work primarily with our offices in New England and the Northeast United States but will also be a member of our global health, safety and industrial hygiene practice community and will coordinate with this team to provide services and client support globally and locally.
Specific duties may include the following:
- Lead and grow the client-facing health, safety and industrial hygiene practice in New England.
- Follow up on leads and write proposals for health, safety and industrial hygiene opportunities.
- Lead consulting engagements at client facilities in the manufacturing, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, extractives, power, energy, construction, transportation, telecoms and services sectors.
- Conduct health and safety audits, evaluations and assessments; implement corrective action programs.
- Evaluate worker exposures to hazardous substances and develop strategies for improvement.
- Assess, develop and improve process safety management programs.
- Develop, evaluate, implement and improve written health and safety programs including hazard communication, hearing conservation, lockout / tag-out, respiratory protection, electrical safety, confined space entry, fall protection, burning/welding, powered industrial trucks, safe work permit, contractor safety, material handling, personal protective equipment, blood-borne pathogens, ergonomics, etc.
- Conduct incident investigations and root cause analyses.
- Support development of occupational, health and safety management systems in accordance with ISO 45001 and similar standards.
- Prepare company-level or facility-level policies, procedures and standards for occupational, health and safety management.
- Implement behavior-based safety or culture improvement programs.
- Support due diligence activities with specialized insight into health and safety hazards and risks.
- Develop and provide training.
- Summarize new and changing regulations and best practices for distribution to clients.
- Provide health and safety guidance to colleagues and be a visible leader in Ramboll’s internal safety program.
- BS with 7+ years of related experience in an EHS leadership or consulting role; safety, engineering, or equivalent science degree.
- MS with 5+ years of related experience in an EHS leadership or consulting role; safety, engineering or equivalent science degree.
- Relevant professional certification such as CSP, CIH, CBSP, etc.
- Strong technical background in health, safety, industrial hygiene and/or process safety management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with regulators, clients and senior executives.
- Experienced team leader and project manager with proficiency in financial management, resource allocation, and priority setting.
- Strong track record in developing and implementing customer-focused services and programs.
Workplace Westford, MA