Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer (Building Services)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Mechanical Senior/Principal Engineer in Ramboll’s Gibraltar office. The successful applicant will report to the office Director and will assist them to strategically develop the M&E engineering capability from our Gibraltar office, strengthening and expanding our client base and providing engineering management and local engineering design support to existing and new projects. The successful candidate will also be required to lead the small but growing building services team, be responsible for resourcing and personnel development, and to support the strategic growth of Gibraltar’s building services capability. They will be involved in all our exciting range of projects in a variety of sectors including residential; hotels; sports and leisure, education, industrial; ports and marine; defense and commercial.
Ramboll’s Gibraltar office provides project management, Civil and Structural engineering, environmental services and building services engineering.
Projects vary in size from surveys and small building services refurbishments to large residential, commercial and other iconic projects (such and the national stadium and significant civil engineering tunnels).
Ramboll operate a hugely successful program of seconding engineers ‘early career professionals’ to Gibraltar to gain fast rack experience on projects, construction sites and client engagement. One of the main drivers for this role is to support, mentor and manage the building services ‘early career professionals’
This is will be a permanent position following successful completion of a probationary period.
Ramboll has been established in Gibraltar for almost 20 years, growing from a site office to a multidisciplinary team of 20 spread across two offices located in the Queensway Quay Marina. We are proud to be market leaders for multidisciplinary engineering and specialist services, and make use of the very latest software, thinking and processes to deliver our projects efficiently using cutting edge technology. Our technical expertise, high ethical standards and robust pipeline of work means that we can offer the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to work with a highly skilled team delivering a diverse portfolio of projects across several market sectors.
Gibraltar is a very safe, insular community. The island is very cultural, historic & unique, providing a lovely place to live and work. It is easy to travel to neighboring countries to visit and explore. Spain is five minutes away, Portugal only three hours by car and Morocco is only forty five minutes by ship.
The climate is warm and sunny for most of the year.
The Ramboll office is located at Queensway Quay Marina, overlooking the bay.
The Ramboll Gibraltar office also runs Spanish lessons for those staff that wish to take part.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management, leadership and development of the Gibraltar building services team, liaising closely with the Building Services teams in the UK
- Help maintain, develop and strengthen existing Ramboll’s client relationships
- Provision of reactive buildings services engineering design as required to support the project and client portfolio
- Design Management of existing and new cross-company multidisciplinary projects and contracts
- Project management and commercial management of building services projects
- Attendance at client/project meetings and sites inspections
Skills, Knowledge, Qualification and Experience:
- Ideally a Bachelors/Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Proven experience in the design of HVAC systems and mechanical building services engineering
- High degree of technical competence with demonstrable appreciation of sustainable design
- Ability to motivate and manage multidisciplinary projects and the ability to efficiently deliver in multidisciplinary project environments
- Have a proven ability to manage several projects at any one time
- Have impressive client facing skills, confident in presenting to clients, preparing and negotiating proposals, and procuring project resources
- Be accustomed to providing guidance to graduates and technicians, demonstrating your in-depth understanding of design engineering
- Be able to evaluate technical and customer requirements to enable the provision of viable solutions
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members, the Contractor and other third parties, both oral and written
- Forward thinking and passionate about digital design innovation and ‘smart design’ in increasingly digitalized construction arena
- Proficient in the use of mechanical design software
- Working knowledge/familiarity with Revit is desirable
Professional Membership and Qualifications:
- Professionally registered with CIBSE or IMechE or other such appropriate professional body
- CSCS Card holder is desirable
- Driven and enthusiastic with an ability to motivate team members
- Be able to interface comfortably with clients
- Demonstrate pride in their work, through high quality and accurate timely delivery
- Be able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure timescales are met
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willingness to develop personal skills and basic knowledge in other engineering disciplines
Ramboll is an equal opportunities employer
This will be work outside the U.K, so by virtue of citizenship or VISA, you must be eligible to work in Gibraltar