Senior Engineer, Ground Engineering team
Ramboll are looking for enthusiastic and talented Geotechnical Engineers with proven design and project delivery experience to join our busy and dynamic team in Southampton. This is an outstanding opportunity to progress your career that will offer you challenging and varied work on large and small projects throughout the company, along with a highly competitive package.
You will support an Associate or Technical Director utilise your experience, skills, and knowledge to participate on a variety of Ground Engineering and Infrastructure projects spread across the whole asset lifecycle from conceptual and detailed design through to assessment. On a typical working day you will be responsible for liaison with other project team members, development of your personal skills to meet project challenges, the evolution of design, or assisting with securing new work. We are also passionate about the development and promotion of Ground Engineering so encourage our staff to actively engage with initiatives such as STEM development and Gender Equality within the UK industry
Ramboll’s ownership structure (we are wholly owned by the charitable Ramboll Foundation) gives us the stability to take the long view, freed from the imperatives of shareholders and the stock market. This long term view is central to how we operate and how we go about creating lasting relationships with our clients. As a result, Ramboll is associated with some of the world's most respected, fully integrated infrastructure and transportation projects. From iconic projects such as Ferrari World, Tate Modern and the Queensferry Crossing, to ongoing ground breaking projects like HS2 and the upgrade of Britain’s Antarctic research stations. Ramboll Ground Engineering has an award winning reputation for the design of offshore wind farms, development of ports and marinas, delivery of complex urban building projects, design of major new transport crossings in the UK and overseas, renewal of the trunk road network in London, and protection of historically and environmentally valuable assets. Our work encompasses site research, investigation design and organisation, feasibility through to detailed design, and design life risk assessment. We employ various design tools ranging including complex soil/structure numerical modelling that are based on our strong knowledge of ground engineering principles. This approach has made Ramboll is a much sought after delivery partner within the ground engineering sector.
- You will be expected to take responsibility for the delivery of geotechnical services to external clients or other disciplines within Ramboll for projects of a variety of scale and form part of a team delivering larger, more complex projects under the leadership of the discipline manager
- Within the company you will be working alongside the rest of the Ground Engineering team, and also teams of all disciplines nationally and internationally across the Ramboll Group
- Promote the Ramboll brand and assist with business development
- Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety, quality, and the development of others
- Assist in the development of less experienced staff to deliver projects
- Contribute to the effective communication with internal and external clients
- Project Manage ground engineering led work and work with external clients
- Help evolve in-house design and project delivery systems
- Assist with project bidding and input to the procurement of new work for the Ground Engineering teams and in collaboration with other teams
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in geotechnical design
- Past experience of numerical modelling, Infrastructure earthwork engineering, and/or tunnel design is advantageous
- A relevant engineering degree
- Capable of working independently and leading design activities
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer, or will have gained sufficient experience to obtain full membership, of an appropriate professional institution in the near future
- Evidence of independent technical to design complex infrastructure and buildings projects
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.